Monday, January 12, 2009

4 amazing months!

Today Oliver turned 4 months! Being able to stay home with him everyday and watch him grow has been such an amazing experience. We love this boy so much and feel that we are so incredibly lucky to have him as our son. He truly has blessed our lives immensely and we can't imagine what we would be doing without him here at this moment. He is so much fun to watch and be with and has colossal amounts of personality. Here are some of the things we have grown to love about our sweet baby Oliver.

* He loves it when we sing to him and dance with him. Right now his favorite song to dance to is "Put a ring on it" by Byonce. When he first heard this song he started smiling, so I stood him up on my lap and started dancing with him. That was the first time actually laughed...maybe he was laughing at me making a fool of myself..who knows???


*No matter what, anytime we stop feeding him he gets SO sad and gives us his "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR" cry. We think it's because he wants more food...as always.

*He still loves his Binky. Lately when I put him in his swing he's been playing the I'm-gonna-spit-out-my-Binky-so-that-mom-will-come-and-give-me-attention game. And when I do go back to give him his Binky, he always gives me the biggest smile, like he knows exactly what he's doing.



*He doesn't really like his Bumbo, but slowly he's starting to adjust. He has to if he doesn't want flat head....that's what we tell him and then he's usually ok with it.

*He is at complete ease when I play with his face. I squeeze his fat cheeks and caress his head and nose and move his mouth pretending like he's talking and he LOVES it.

* He loves playing with his hands. He sticks them straight out and stares at them, he puts them in his mouth and sucks on them, and he also gets "stink fist" because of it.

*He doesn't really mind noise. In fact, I think he prefers it. We took him to a Jazz game a little while ago and he slept through the whole thing. At night he falls asleep to the "soothing" noises coming from his little sheep that's attached to his crib and he calms down when he hears music.

*He likes being on the diaper changer. Usually that is when he smiles the most. I think it's because he knows he's getting a clean diaper.



*He has a few very recognizable cries. His "I NEED ATTENTION" cry, occurs when he's lost his Binky, is waking up from a nap or is trying to nap, when he wants to get off his belly or out of his Bumbo and when he needs food. It's the common cry. Then he has his "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR" cry. That cry usually only occurs after we take his food away (as mentioned above) and when we pull clothes over his face. And finally the big one, the "I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW" cry. He usually does this one when we put him in his car seat or when he's already gone through all the other cries and we put him down to either wrap him up, get his food ready, or do anything else that we may need to do. This cry is distinctly the loudest.

*He is so ticklish all over his body. It's so cute when I don't mean to tickle him and he is squirming all around.

* He makes the cutest little facial expressions ever. Sometimes he looks at you like he's giving you a dirty look and other times he looks at you like he thinks your the coolest person ever. He is still very expressive with his cute eyebrows


*He is an awesome sleeper!

*He has learned to really like bath time. I think he loves the warmth of the water and then getting his head scrubbed. He outgrew his first bath tub so I had to bathe him in the sink and now he's just about outgrown that too.

And now for the stats. Today when I took him in to see the Doctor, they said he was doing well and that he was a very healthy baby. He currently weighs 17 pounds 14 ounces which puts him at 94% on the growth chart. He is 25.6 inches tall 76% and his head circumference is 45cm at 98%. He is one big boy.

We love this boy and look forward to learning more about him and watching him grow even more. HAPPY 4 MONTHS, OLIVER!!!

13 comments:

Amy said...

I have been "weighting" for this post all day!!! I can't believe that chub. He is so darn cute and I have missed holding him the 2 times I have seen him. I love all the collages too. What a chunk. I can't believe he weighs as much as Morgan. He seriously is so freakin cute!

I really didn't mean to type weighting, it just came out and I decided to go with it. I liked the "Jake Joke" feel of it.

Julie W said...

Oliver is so cute, and you are the best photographer. I love all your pictures. It is so fun to have our kids grow up, but so sad!

Cooper was also that big, but his weight evened out as he started crawling, so enjoy the chub while he has it!

jodie said...

I can't believe it's been 4 months! He is such a cutie! You and Luke must be in heaven every single day.

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh! I love him. I love how he is just squishy all the way down to his ankles. I also love his cute little face when he cries. What a dream.

Felicia H. said...

He is so big and so so cute!

Karina said...

I was LOVING all of these pics!!They are so cute, and he is such a cutie pie!!! I was laughing so hard the other night when you were playing with his face and he was just loving it!

Eliza said...

Um, can I just say how much I love your baby boy?? cuz I do and I've never technically met him!

And a funny side note, Peter loves to make up his own songs and lately he's always making up songs about baby Oliver.

Kim & Campbell said...

Happy 4 Months! It is amazing to look at the difference between when he was born and now. He growing up so fast and is so dang cute!

The Baker Family said...

The very first picture of Oli is my favorite! He looks so cute in it! His little sly face... reminds me of you!

Luke and Kimmy said...

who? Kimmy or Luke?

Mark said...

Wow! Melissa and I both agree you made one freaking adorable baby! I want his sweater...in my size...

Jake said...

I can't wait to meet him. By the time I do he could be 30 pounds. Great pictures.
J

Jake said...

I can't wait to meet him. By the time I do he could be 30 pounds. Great pictures.
J