Finally the last week of my thankful posts.
*I am grateful for the THANKSGIVING holiday! There is nothing like being with family and friends to celebrate the things that you are thankful for AND to eat really good food!
*Being home after being in a house of Chaos and being able to sleep in my own bed.
*My parents. I love talking to my Mom and Dad. My dad is so funny.
*Ryan and Karina for putting up with Luke and I. And also to Karina for always being up to taking our pictures.
* Moose. Although at times he gets neglected, I really am thankful that he is a good dog and obeys us and listens to us most of the time. He is also really great with Oliver.
*For good food. I really have a lot to learn when it comes to cooking and I'm thankful that other people know how to do it so well.
*Trent and Amy and their willingness to watch Oliver so that Luke and I could go on a double date. Thanks you guys!
*Luke for taking me to see a movie that I wanted to see. (we usually go see his super hero movies) This time we saw Twilight.
*Kelly and Stacey for being such fun friends.
*The month of November. I love this month because people show more gratitude towards the things that they are thankful for. It was a great month.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Finally the last week of my thankful posts.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 11:23 AM
1.Hearing the sound of someone clipping their nails makes me cringe. I’m always scared that one will hit me.
2. I really like my feet even though I have spoon toes
3. I am scared to cut my hair in fear that I will look like a boy.
4. I recently decided that I prefer Coke over Pepsi.
5. I love the fall. The perfect word to describe the fall to me is CRISP.
6. The color green is my favorite with orange at a close second.
7. I am always cold even in the summer time. I hate it.
8. I love love love to take long hot showers.
9. When eating chips I like to eat the folded chips more. I think they always taste better.
10. I wish that I had that natural beauty to go makeup less
11. I feel that I am so lucky to have such great in-laws. I love them all.
12. If I could play any instrument it would be the classical guitar.
13. I am fascinated by tap dancing. My favorite tap scene is from “Singing in the Rain” where Gene Kelly and Donald O’Conner tap dance to Moses Supposes.
14. I just discovered how much more capable I am of loving someone the moment I met Oliver.
15. Music is incredibly important to me. So many memories of mine are tied to music.
16. I love discovering a new song
17. I hate running, but I do like how I feel and look as a result of it.
18. My favorite ice cream is Pink Bubble Gum from Baskin Robbins.
19. I have worn my 4 toe rings for about 8 years.
20. I am a sucker for good table manners
21. I eat really slow
22. I feel that I look better when I am tan.
23. I prefer the smell of mens deodorant over cologne
24. I also like the smell of paint, new carpet and permanent markers, Coffee, Play dough, and vanilla.
25. I have shaved my arms ever since I was in 7th grade. I really don’t like hairy arms on me.
26. I deeply miss visiting my family in Mexico especially my Grandma.
27. I wish I had more of a contagious laugh like Lukes. My laugh is pretty boring.
28. I am a day dreaming fool.
29. Ever since I was little I can remember having the oddest dreams ever.
30. Being barefoot is my favorite…
31. …but if I had to wear shoes I prefer my Havaianas.
32. I have a fear of whales and every time I see the whales eye come out of the water in the movie “Castaway” I get real anxious.
33. I like warm rainy days
34. My biggest fear is losing someone I love.
35. I hiccup at least once a day every single day.
36. Everything tastes better with lime especially cucumbers and steak.
37. If I had the talent to do so I think that working in a Broadway musical would be the best job ever.
38. I want to be a better cook someday
39. I have to clean the rim of any canned drink before I drink out of it- I know, I have a bit of OCD
40. I also have to tap the can a few times before I open it- Luke absolutely hates it.
41. I enjoy reading a good book the most with a blanket in the cold or when I’m laying out in the sun.
42. One of my favorite things about camping is sitting around the campfire at night.
43. Ever since I met Luke I have enjoyed camping so much more. The Veigels really know how to camp.
44. I love watching movies in the comfort of my own home better then going to the theater.
45. The sweetest thing ever is when a baby or small child cuddles with you.
46. My favorite drink is Horchata
47. I really don’t like it when someone sees me cry.
48. And worse then that I hate it when someone sees me crying and asks if I’m crying.
49. Luke is the one that makes me laugh the most
50. I started to get gray hair this year. Thank goodness for hair dye.
51. I can keep a secret.
52. I believe that the right side of my body is cursed. Every injury from broken bones to surgeries to cuts and weaknesses always occur on the right side of my body.
53. I wish that I could use my Spanish more.
54. I am scared of the ocean and the many unknown things in its waters.
55. I hate mushrooms
56. I am the most ticklish on my collar bones
57. Karina is one of my best girlfriends. She is one of the few people that knows so much about me and my past it’s scary.
58. My parents are amazing people. They both have the most interesting stories I have ever heard of their upbringing and the lives they have lived.
59. I have a hard time with the color pink. I just don’t like it.
60. I am one of those people who eats corn on the cob with mayo, cheese, and pepper like in the movie “Nacho Libre”
61. I am a night owl. I feel the most alive and awake late at night.
62. I don’t particularly like S’mores instead I like Roasting Starbursts over the fire.
63. I love swimming pools and hope to have one someday.
64. One of my guilty pleasures is reality TV. Survivor is my fav.
65. Waking me up from a nap is never a good idea.
66. I once punched my Dad in the face when he tried to wake me up. Of course I didn’t know I had until the next morning.
67. I enjoy watching and participating in sporting events more then my husband.
68. I am very competitive
69. I hate losing.
70. If it wasn’t so fattening I could drink whole milk everyday.
71. I hate spiders and flies and pretty much any insect
72. I broke my arm the first time I tried snowboarding and haven’t tried it again ever since.
73. I broke my foot playing basketball my freshmen year in high school and I was out for just about the whole season.
74. I haven’t ever had chicken enchiladas that I’ve liked.
75. My favorite flowers are Gerber daisies.
76. I love dancing but I haven’t done it since I’ve been married.
77. I would love to be more fashionable
78. I was a really fat baby
79. My parents entered me in a baby pageant when I was little and I won first place for the “healthiest baby”. Ever since they have called me their chubby champion.
80. I really like soft chocolate chip cookies minus the chips.
81. I love laughing so hard that it makes my face hurt and my eyes water. There’s nothing like a good laugh.
82. My first kiss was when I was 14. My lips burned for days after.
83. I love winter accessories like beanies, scarfs and gloves.
84. I like how shaggy hair and dreadlocks look, but it has to be well taken care of. If I were a guy I’d have dreads.
85. I love getting warm towels or blankets out of the dryer and just being engulfed in them.
86. My favorite kind of gum in Grape Bubblicious, but I can’t ever find it anywhere.
87. I miss watching old TV shows like the ones I grew up with. “Salute your shorts”, “Hey Dude”, “Merry Melodies”, “Fragle rock” and “ You can’t do that on Television” Just to name a few.
88. I like decorating with antiques and rustic looking things.
89. I want to experience living out of state someday.
90. When I was little I use to sneak flour out of the flour bin and eat it…no wonder I was fat.
91. I appreciate a strong firm hand shake. Weak flimsy ones creep me out.
92. My right foot is slightly bigger then my left but it isn’t bad enough to have to get 2 different shoe sizes.
93. My finger nails have to be cut short, although I do like the look of fake nails but it’s just not my thing.
94. I believe that you should never pass up the opportunity to compliment someone.
95. I have a small collection of miniature perfume bottles.
96. I’m not good with indoor plants. I always forget to water them and end up killing them. I do have an Aloe Vera plant that has lived over a year so I think I’m getting better.
97. My sister in laws make the best food. Taleeshas deserts, Amys dinners, Emilys pretzel salad, and any salad of Beckys. They are just so great!
98. Ive lived in Utah my entire life and have only been skiing once…How sad.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 10:00 AM
Sunday, November 23, 2008
*Transportation. I'm thankful for our cars and the transportation that they provide us. AND gas prices that allow us to actually use our cars now for leisure activities.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 10:30 PM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 2:03 PM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
So this month would mark 3 years that I have been working at SPS. Sadly that came to an end the other day when I made it official that I was no longer going back and deciding to devote all my time to being a stay at home mom and wife.
Pretty much the best supervisor EVER!
One of my very last days of work...and we went golfing.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 2:37 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
*My health. I am so grateful that I am healthy and able to exercise and be happy
With that being said...
*I am so thankful to my aerobics instructor. She is so amazing and makes exercise so much fun to do, even though it's really early and doesn't get paid for it. Thank you Lori!
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 9:21 PM
Friday, November 14, 2008
Last night all 4 of the Baker boys came over to play for a few hours. At first I was the only one watching them so we watched a Little bit if Wallace and Grommet. They kept asking when Luke would be home because they know that when Luke's around they'll be able to play with the Nerf guns and they know that Luke will build them the coolest fort. So 8:30 came along and Luke walked in the door. The boys started cheering that Luke was home and that's when the fun began.
They all picked their guns and were separated into 2 teams. Spencer and Tayten were on a team with their command post being the fort in the office room and Luke, Kade and Ethan were on another team with their post being in Oliver's room (don't worry-Oliver was with me in the safety zone).
Showing off their weapons of choice
Waiting for the attack
This was my favorite shot of the night. Luke had the younger ones put on their "helmets" Unfortunately we found out that they didn't work out that great when Kade yelled "Oh no He got me in the cheek".
Finally, we cleaned up and settled down for the night. Thanks for such a fun night filled with so many laughs, Baker boys...We'll have to do it again soon.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 1:04 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
*When he smiles, it's the biggest smile ever and I LOVE it.
*He has really long fingers like mine
*He is very expressive with his eyebrows
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 1:43 PM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
I got tagged. I can only use 1 word to answer, so let's see how it goes...
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Where is your significant other? couch
3. Your hair color? Dark
4. Your mother? Brown
5. Your father? funny
6. Your favorite thing? family
7. Your dream last night? Hawaii
8. Your dream/goal? happiness
9. The room you're in? office
10. Your hobby? pictures
11. Your fear? loss
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? home
13. Where were you last night? Amys
14. What you're not? bald
15. One of your wish list items? vacation
16. Where you grew up? Utah
17. The last thing you did? converse
18. What you are wearing? pijamas
19. Your T.V.? off
20. Your pet? moose
21. Your computer? Dads
22. Your mood? Full
23. Missing someone? always
24. Your car? subaru
25. Something your not wearing? socks
26. Favorite store? smiths
27. Your summer? gone :(
28. Love someone? Everyday
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. Last time you laughed? sevenish
31. Last time you cried? church
I tag any one who hasn't done this.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 4:19 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2008
- I am thankful for an hour of extra sleep. What a difference 1 hour makes.
- I am thankful for Modern day medicine and the knowledge that doctors have these days. I have the best doctors ever!
- I am thankful for the snow. I hate being cold, but I love that the snow makes it seem more like the Holidays are here.
- I am thankful for my calling in the YW program. I have learned so much serving those girls and I have so much fun with them and the other leaders.
- I am thankful for music. I can't express enough how much I love music. Just recently I joined the ward choir in my attempt to be more spiritual. Call me crazy, but I actually like it.
- I am thankful that Oliver is such a good baby. How did I get so lucky?
- I am thankful to have such a hard working husband. Luke has so much on his plate right now and I am so thankful for all he does for our little family.
- I am thankful for our new recycling bin. I know that's not something you would usually be thankful for, but it makes it so much easier to do the whole recycling thing.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 11:35 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 3:41 PM
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This year was the first year ever that Luke and I stayed home to pass out candy. Thanks to Amy, we had the best candy around. FULL SIZE candy bars.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 10:38 AM