Friday, December 11, 2009

Remember this...

No watching Marley and Me this time. I'm pretty serious about it.

April 17, 2009
Moose Anyone?

As much as we hate to do this, the time has come to give up our dog , Moose. We never thought we would be those people that would want to give their dog away once they had a baby, but we have tried for 7 months to make it work and sadly, it's not working. Because Luke is in school and I am looking after Oliver, we feel that we aren't able to give him the life we know others could. We honestly love Moose and because of it, we feel that this is necessary. If there is anyone that is looking for a dog or knows someone that is looking for a dog, please spread the word. We would really like him to go to a good home that can give him the attention we no longer can. He is a very active dog who loves to play, run and completely be loved. We don't want any money, we just want him to go to a good place and we will include everything that we have for him (food, treats, leash, bowl and bed).
Here is a little more about Moose:
Moose has lived with us for about 2 1/2 years. He was born on 03/06/07. He is a male neutered chocolate/pointer mix. Chocolate in color with a white chest. He is current on his shots. Weighs approx. 60 lbs. He loves the outdoors including backpacking, hiking, camping, mountain biking, and playing in the water. He has a lot of energy and is a good learner. He knows the commands, sit, come here, get down, no, chewy, lets go, inside and go get in your bed.

This really breaks my heart and hurts me to tears, but I know it's what we have to do. Please leave a comment if you're interested or if you know of someone who is. Thanks!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh poor moose. I already told you, I have no regrets killing Milo and giving Ody away...okay, I am just joking about the killing part, but I really don't regret getting rid of our dogs. They are both in better places now. Although I do get a little sad when I think of them...

Eliza said...

This isn't about Moose or anything to do with your post but I just wanted to say that I think your header picture is awesome! Man that Oliver is a cutie and you have lovely long eyelashes.

Jake said...

I love your new header picture too. It's fun to see how much Oliver is changing. I hope you can find a good home for Moose. I'm sure it's been a handful trying to keep up with an active baby and an active dog. Best wishes Moose! B

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.