Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Haven't done one of these in a while...

Today Oliver turns 16 months. I thought I'd share some of the fun things that makes him so cool.


Favorites

Food: Bananas and Bread

Drink: Tomato juice

Toy: Balls

Playmates: His cousins

Blanket: His bright green lime fleece

A few things that are unique about O

He still doesn't walk on his own, but he can sure move.

He likes to dance and has started to sing when he hears the music.

He loves to climb on and off the couch and tries to climb onto the bed.

He says Dad, Ball, No, Don't, More (signs this one), What's that, uh oh, poop, and sometimes [on a good day] Mom.

He screams when he wants more food. I need to fix this problem asap.

He loves to splash in the bath tub.

He has 15 very sharp teeth and the cutest goofiest smile to show them all off.

He has to be moving around all the time...even when he sleeps.

He loves to watch shows with his dad. He only sits still with him.

He hates having his diaper or clothes changed....therefor, I hate it too.

He isn't very cuddly, but every now and then when he wants kisses, he'll stick out his bottom lip [as if he's pouting] and wait for you to kiss him. I love it!

His favorite room to play in is the bathroom....we now block it off.

He loves getting his ears cleaned and even closes his little eyes and lays perfectly still.

He will eat anything...yes, even cottage cheese now.

We really feel so blessed to have Oliver around. He is one fun kid and has taught us a lot about being parents and how special it is to have that calling in life. We know we aren't perfect parents and that at times he isn't the perfect child, but we do know that we are lucky to have each other to look after, to learn with and to love. We sure do love you Ols!

7 comments:

Jake said...

Such a cutie! Fun to know a few things about him since we don't see him much! B

Amy said...

Oh, I love that kid. Is it okay that I kind of think of him as my 6th child? My kids always wonder where he is when he isn't hear...

Eliza said...

I'm super impressed that he lays still when you're cleaning his ears. Peter and Aaron freak out if I attempt to clean their ears.

And it's true, he's got one very cute smile!

Kim & Campbell said...

Time flies...when is #2 coming. Just Kidding, I just have been getting that question a lot. He has such a great little smile, and so many words.
I will have to copy your 16 month update for Campbell (hope you don't mind)!

Scott and Sara said...

Such a cute picture. I love this age. They do so many fun things and different things each day. I can't believe how big he is. Almost nursery time!

Andi said...

You have such a handsome little man there. You are such a cute mom! I hope things are going well for you guys!

The Baker Family said...

Ah, he's such a giant cutie! Kade is like his little daddy when we watch him. He feeds him, gets him toys, plays games with him, makes him laugh, and makes sure everyone is being nice with him. It's funny, and Oliver loves it!
Now I just need to get Kade to change his diaper, and I will tend him WAY more often!! HA