Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Igloo making with the scouts

Last night for scouts we rented the IceBox Igloo maker from Wasatch Touring. Which looks like this. Sad to say this is the second time we have tried to use this crazy contraption to make a snow igloo and it didnt work. I give up, I am never going to rent this stupid thing again. The first time my wife and I rented it because it looked so easy from the instructional video on Youtube. But, we tried to make it and after 2 hour of work it colapsed. So I thought well it was our first try maybe we did it wrong. Well since the scouts were going to go on a winter campout we thought it would be fun to make the igloos to sleep in. so we rented it last night to try it out before we went camping and we had the same crappy outcome. So never again will i rent that stupid thing. It turns out that after it colapsed we just piled up the snow and made a snow cave in a quarter of the time it to to mess with that supid thing. I give the Icebox Igloo Maker a 1 out of 10.

Our first attempt


Looking pretty good so far

And then it fell.


These next pictures are of the snow cave we made after we tried the igloo maker again. Moose was helping dig.





Moose fell into a crevasse and couldnt get out. It was funny because this happened twice and he would just sit there and wait for me to pull him out.

3 comments:

Luke and Kimmy said...

That is Awesome Luke! since no one comments on our post, (Maybe becasue we dont have kids or really anything that interesting to write about)I guess I will. Your the best!

P.S. I may be working late tonight. See ya at home.

Amy said...

Hey, I comment on your blog all the time!! I love when you post new things! Anyways, too bad the igloo didn't work. I think you are crazy to camp in the snow!

jodie said...

Maybe it's a good thing that didn't work. Aren't people better off staying inside where it's warm? At least Moose had a good time!