Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Birrfday

My birthday was last week. On the 4th to be exact. Here are a few of my thoughts and confessions.

Confession #1... I am 27 years old. I never knew that I would actually ever hit this age. Did I think it would jump from 25, the appropriate and much antisipated car renting age, to 30, the highly dreaded I'm-getting-so-old-age without having to hit 26, 27, 28, and 29?? Just get me to 30 already.

Confession #2...I didn't want a birthday party. I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but whatev. I really didn't want to throw myself a party and then make everyone feel like they had to come. I also didn't want to have to make my own birthday cake, buy one, or ask anyone to make one for me. AND I didn't want to have to host anything where I would spend a week prepping my house and then a week cleaning it up. I am that lame.

Confession #3...I am a spoiled, yet very blessed brat. You know how when people ask you what you want for your Birthday or Christmas or any other gift giving holiday and you politely say "Oh I don't know..." but you know exactly what you want? Well, I sure knew and I told anyone who asked exactly what I wanted...and I got it.

Confession #4...I secretly love it when the Bakers scream out Happy Birthday to ME. Now forcing my face into birthday cake and getting frosting shoved up into depths of my nose is something I don't love.

Confession #5...This year I received the most Birthday wishes through letters, phone calls, texts, visits, emails, comments on my blog and FB, and in person then any other birthday I can remember. That alone made me feel pretty dang good and made my day.

Confession #6
...I love my families. Both in laws and out laws and the ones in between. They are the ones that know what to say and do to make me feel at my best. Thank you!

Confession #7...I like getting older and hope that I am never ashamed to share my age.

Confession #8...I can't wait to see what adventures this year will bring and what new life lessons and knowledge I'll capture on my way to age 28.

4 comments:

The Baker Family said...

You're good. I absolutely HATED turning 29 this year. I feel so old and I don't like that there is nothing I can do about it.
Oh, and Jonny says he enjoys very much pushing your face in your cake!

Eliza said...

I didn't realize we were one month minus a day apart in age? Awesomeness.

I'm glad you felt the birthday love!

Amy said...

I like all the confession!

Jake said...

You're a better woman than I. I wish we could just skip over my birthday every year . . . it's just not the same (fun, exciting, surprises) as when I was a kid and I haven't come to terms with that yet! B