Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Post as long as this race

We did it again! We ran another Ragnar and it was just as fun as my first Ragnar and everything I had hoped it would be. This time is was with the Jensen family and a few of us "mugbloods".

Team name: BONK!

Van 1
Our van was pretty awesome. I was so happy with the balance of personalities in this van and for the patient guys that had to put up with a few hyper girls. They rock!
Van 2
Jensens + 1. Their van I'm sure wasn't as loud and obnoxious as ours. In fact we know they weren't. They were a lot more sophisticated in conversation than we could ever be. Let's just say it's a good thing the Dad's were in a seperate van...and Trent.
Our team:

Runner 1
Blake AKA Captain Big Daddy. Blake stepped up as our captain and driver, made us laugh many many times and ran amazingly...especially on that last leg.
Runner 2
Chris AKA Puss N' Foot. 2 words...Pepperoni water.
Runner 3
Amy AKA The Face. Also the best violin player out there.
Runner 4
Cameron AKA 4 C's (almost 5). And the post run pacer.
Runner 5
Kristin AKA Goldie Locks. But really, there were about 15 names for Kristin. Ahem. 
Runner 6
Kim AKA The nasty...And I really don't know why...
I'm not sure that the second half of the team were goofy enough for Ragnar nicknames so without further ado, I give you van 2...

Runner 7
Trent. The Machine. The hero.
Runner 8
Brooke
Runner 9
Heidi
Runner 10
Jake
Runner 11
Brad. The Jensen dad.
Runner 12
Larry. One legged Larry. And I must say that I am proud to call him my Father in Law.
Sadly, I don't have a group picture at the finish line, but it was amazing to see the support of everyone on this team. Trent on a few occasions ran along side a couple of team mates when they were struggling. Brad and Trent picked up additional legs when one of our people was out with an injury. I heard numerous times and witnessed how kind everyone was to eachother. Jake and Candice for opening up their entire house to us. Our team volunteer, Jenny. We had the whole Jensen family show up to suuport all the runners with the loudest cheering and words of encouragement ever. We had a hard core team captain that stepped up and made sure we were all ready and taken care of. And I would be ungrateful if I didn't mention the help with all the kids back in STG from Holly and Luke.

This {again} was one of the best running experiences I've had. I am so lucky to associate with such wonderful hard working people that also know how to have a good time. It's interesting that such hard work can be so rewarding. There were many physically hard and emotionally wonderful times had on this course and I love that I was a able to run on such an amazing team.
See what I mean about the awesome support? Our team had the best fans out there.
Thanks for the great run team BONK! See you in April for So Cal Ragnar! Woo Woo!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Awe.some. (and I'm jealous)

Amy said...

I LOVED THIS RACE!!! I so need to get to my post. IT was so much fun and I canNOT wait until So Cal and WB!!!

The Capson's said...

I LOVED your post. I feel like I was just back there. I want to do it again so bad. It was a blast. You guys were the BEST team ever to run with on my first Ragnar. Love ya'll.