Monday, October 27, 2008
Last night we had the annual Baker pumpkin carving party. After a delicious meal we all unloaded the pumpkins and carved away. Can't wait until next year already!
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 12:08 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008
Try to figure out these quotes. Extra points if you tell me who said it.
1. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
2. "Is this hand-shucked?"
3. "Maybe there's a way to make a profit in this. Bet on Logan..."
"I would but who'd bet on you?"
4. "A family member dies and you insult me, what the hell is the matter with you anyway?"
5. "I'll bet someone back east is going, "Now why don't he write?" "
6. "A man can be an artist at anything, food or whatever if you’re good enough at it. "INSERT NAME" art is death, and he's about to paint his masterpiece!"
7. "Crazy drunk driver."
Dont look at the comments until you try to figure it out yourself.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 2:05 PM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
This weekend was a little busy for us. First of all I had an open house/shower on Friday since I had to go and have a baby on the day that the shower was originally scheduled. I was so busy talking to people and eating that I forgot to take a lot of pictures like I had planned. However, I did get these.
This was the table of food. We had rice crispies, strawberries, apples, bananas, grapes, brownies, cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, cream puffs and pound cake all to dip in the chocolate fountain with chicken sandwiches, spinach rolls, bread dip and baguettes and a Delicious pasta salad.
Here I am with Taleesha, my sister in law. This is after we had finished cleaning and when we realized we hadn't taken any pictures. She did such a good job getting all of this together and spending so much time preparing the food. Thanks to my family for all they did. Everything turned out so good.
I had been wanting to do some shopping of my own for Oliver and on top of that I had some errands to run. Luke had suggested that I go take care of these things while he stayed home with Oliver. So after a few hours of being gone I came home to this...
Luke and Oliver were passed out on the couch. They didn't even hear my noisy entrance.
A few other things that we did this weekend were hang out with Ryan and Karina...a couple of times, Start on my baby announcements, catch up on a little bit of "The Office" and "Survivor" and watch Lester and Archie (Lester and Archie are a dog and cat that we house sit). It was a really busy and exhausting weekend but we had so much fun doing it all.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 10:25 AM
Saturday, October 18, 2008
1. Where did you meet?
We met an my brothers house. He set us up. Luke didn't like me at first but that's a story for another day.
2.How long did you date before you got married?
We dated for 8 months and engaged for 2.
3.How long have you been married?
It was 4 years in August.
4.What does he do that surprises you?
It's hard to surprise me so any time he surpises me is a suprise. Got that?
5.What was the last thing that he did for you?
He watched the baby so that I could go shopping with Karina.
6.What is your favorite feature of his?
I love Lukes eyes and lips.
7. What is your favorite quality of his?
That he has sch a great sense of humor.
8. Does he have a nickname for you?
Of the appropriate ones...Kimmers & Sweetikins
9. What is his favorite color?
10. What is his favorite food?
Ice cream...does that count as food?
11. What is his favorite sport?
Luke doesn't like sports too much but I think if he had to choose then it would be soccer.
12. When and where was your first kiss?
When? I couldn't tell you the date but it was our 3rd date and we had just finished watching the movie "The Ring" at Trent and Amys house and we drove back to his house where my car was parked he walked me to my car then kissed me.
13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
14.Do you have any children?
Yes, one cute little guy named Oliver.
15. Does he have a hidden talent?
He can dance really well. He has really good rhythm
16. How old is he?
17. Who said " I love you" first?
I can't remember but neither can he.
18. What is his favorite type of music?
19. What do you admire most about him?
He is so good when it come to doing church things. He makes me want to be better because of it.
20. Do you think he will read this?
I tag Stacey, Whitney and Kim L.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 2:05 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I Absolutely love the fall. The reasons that I look forward to the fall is that I get to see all the fun decorations popping up everywhere. I love seeing the pumpkins piled up on hay stacks on display at the stores. I love the look of fallen leaves as they whirl about in the wind or after a car has driven past them. I love the rich warm colors taking over the neighbor hood trees and I love the feeling of bundling up on a crisp cool day.
Right before it snowed last weekend, Luke picked all of our pumpkins. This year we ended up with 11 Little Jacks and 6 Big Jack pumpkins. We were so excited with how many we got since last year only 1 survived and we think it got crossed with a squash so it was really weird. We can't wait until our Baker pumpkin carving party so that we can put these out on display.
My little Jacks. This was my latest attempt to be somewhat creative and have some sort of Fall decor in our house.
Our 6 Big Jack pumpkins ready and waiting to be carved.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 3:08 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 1:37 PM
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
So, I haven't been able to blog lately, but I'm going to try to be a little better. So much has been going on and we are still trying to adjust to the new change in our lives. These past three and a half weeks have been some of the most challenging, confusing, hectic and testing times that I have ever had to deal with, yet they have been some of the most rewarding, loving, memorable and inspiring that I have been blessed with. Here are a few things that we have learned from our little Oliver.
- He hates being naked unless he in a warm bath
- He really enjoys getting his head washed the most
- He sleeps really well throughout the night-Thankfully
- He squeaks, grunts, and coos all the time even when he's sleeping
- He loves to lay on his mom chest long after he's done burping
- He Burps and Farts like a true Veigel
- He loves laying with his dad on the couch after a long hard day.
- He loves his Binky - I'm going to have a hard time breaking him of that one
- We recently discovered that his swing is one of the best things that we have. He loves it.
- He enjoys going on walks in his stroller
- He eats like it's nobodies business
- He rarely cries but when he does it's very loud
- He makes some of the best and funniest faces
- There are so many people that love this little guy
We are so incredibly grateful for the enormous blessing that Oliver is in our lives. We have such amazing families and friends that have helped this little journey start off on a great note. Oliver is already full of a lot of personality and he constantly makes us laugh and amazes us with the little quirks that make him who he is.
Posted by Luke and Kimmy at 2:27 PM