Friday, April 22, 2011

Our little ER experience

Want to see what I walked in to find this morning in Oliver's room?


*


*


*


*


*


*


Are you sure?


*


*


*


*


Okay, I warned you...



That right there is puke and loads of it. And just to give you a better idea of what I was dealing with, I'll tell you what he ate before bed: string cheese, oranges and a hostess cupcake. I know there are worse things, but the smell...eww it was all just so gross.


Oliver had a bit of an accident the night before. He fell out of someones car (I won't mention who) and landed head first on the cement. Instantly his head began to grow and bruise. We watched him that night to make sure that he was okay and he was doing just fine so finally at 10:00, we put him to bed.


The next morning when I went in to wake Oliver up, I was shocked to see all that puke all over the place. I called his Doctor, and they told me to take him to the ER right away.

So I did...


Oliver hated being there.

They wanted to take a scan of his head, but Oliver wouldn't have any part in it and he laid strapped in that bed/table screaming bloody murder until they finally let him go. I have never seen him so raging mad. He was violently shaking and screaming to let him go. So, they came back with medicine to sedate him. The nasal injection caused his nose to bleed all over the place, but it worked. I have never seen Oliver so loopy and clumsy and when they took him for a second time, He laid there smiling and wasn't even strapped in this time. That boy was higher than a kite.

Here we were waiting for 2.5 more hours to see what the results said and to continue monitoring him. It was just too much. He was out.

The doctor said that everything looked just fine and to continue to keep a close eye on him for the next 24 hours. Of course right before we left, they took his temp and he was running a fever which is just an indication that he his coming down with something. Great.


I'm so relieved to know he's okay for the most part, although not so happy to see what this bill is going to be. Oh well, better safe than sorry, right?


5 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh poor kiddo... and poor momma too. I'm glad that Oliver is doing well, for the most part.

Amy said...

I so wish I could have seen him in his drunken state.

Becky said...

So sad. Poor Oliver.

Felicia H. said...

I'm glad he is okay, that is really scary!

Ginger said...

So scary! But glad everything turned out okay:)