Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful for...

Thanksgiving! I love this holiday. I love being able to spend time with family, play some ball, have an excuse to eat as much as you want, watch movies, veg out, and get ready for some mad shopping.

And that's exactly what we did. 

Fist up on the list. Football.

We usually have a small group, but I love it because most of the kids are involved with the adults cheating their way to help them score. It's really the only fun way to play. And for the record, my team won. Wha wha!!


Following the game, we headed up to my dads grave to spend a few moments there. It's hard not to have him with us, but I am reminded everyday of him and I am so thankful for that.


We went home and got ready to go see the traditional Thanksgiving day movie. This year, the majority picked The Muppets. The movie itself wasn't that great, but it was fun to go with the entire group. Oliver was a little sad that we weren't going to see Arthur Christmas {and to be honest, so was I} and he ended up falling asleep.


 Finally it was dinner time. Man, it was so good. The combination of it all was just perfect and the desserts were to die for.


And then the vegging out. We wanted to play games, but I think we were all too full, so we sat around watching some strange alligator hunting show and looked through the adds.

 The reason for all the faces...

Her.

Love the Target commercials!

And finally, Taleesha and I were the only ones {dare I say} crazy enough to do some midnight shopping. I have been wanting a waterproof digital camera for a while now, so when I saw that Old Navy was giving them away with a $40.00 purchase, I was all for waiting in line. We got there at 9:30.

We waited...


And waited some more.
And finally got our wrist bands. We were number 7 and 8 out of only 40 that got the camera and believe me when I say that line was crazy long.

We ended up going to Walmart and Target where we got some good deals on movies and toys. Nothing too ridiculous, but it was worth it for sure. We ended up getting home at 4AM. Only downside was having to get up at 6:45 to go to work. Blah!

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  

1 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you got a camera! I wanted to go there too, but chose Target instead. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!