Sunday, March 23, 2014

Insta-Update

 I'm not super awesome at blogging anymore and I wish I had more interesting things to post, but I don't except for my life...which probably isn't all that interesting come to think of it. But I thought I would record what my life has been like these past couple of weeks anyway.

On the 20th, my dad would have turned 69 years old. This picture was taken {obviously} on my wedding day. One of my favorites with him. 
 My family met up at his grave to visit and sing happy birthday. It's so strange to have the Bakers sing Happy Birthday normally....dare I even say reverently. 

 We had two birthdays in our book group this past week so we celebrated at Nielson's. Happy birthday Bria and Kristin. Also, the vanilla custard with cookie dough topping may just be my new favorite. 

The night before St. Patrick's Day, Oliver made a trap to catch the Leprechaun. We found a box, set up the gold on the table and Oliver said that we would catch him because the Leprechaun would see the gold, trip on the foam roller and fall into the box. I'm not really sure why he put all the shoes in front of the door. Love how his little mind works.
We didn't catch the Leprechaun. Fortunately for Oliver though, he still left some gold coins, treats and a rainbow door. 

The Saturday before St. Patrick's day, we went to a fantastic dinner party at the Maudsley's where we had Corned beef and cabbage. I look forward to this meal every year and love the company. Thank you O'Maudsley's!
My mom also watched Briony and Milo so we could go out. It was the first time having her tend at our house and she did such a great job...but I wouldn't expect anything less from her. 

Luke went out of town for work training. It was a long week at home without him, but thankfully I have good family and friends that took care of us. 
(Climbing the walls during his break)

Oliver and I went to all three hours of church for the first time in months. It seemed to last a really long time, but we made the most of it. I don't know how we are ever going to last the whole time with two babies. Oye!
 I love the weekends. Mostly because I get to sleep. Luke, being the amazing husband that he is, will take all the night feedings all weekend long so that I can get a full nights sleep. On Sunday, not only did I sleep the whole night, but I also got a Sunday nap.  
Our dear friend, Barbara moved away to St. George this past fall. We would house/pet sit for her and we became close friends over the years. We were so excited to see her pull up in our driveway one day. She came to meet the babies and she even brought all the kids a little Easter treat. We sure miss her and I even miss that Mr. Attitude of a dog, Lester. 

We have enjoyed cuddling our babies. They are getting so big and I know that soon enough, we wont be able to hold them like this. 

 We love their fat cheeks. 
 Most of my days are spent sitting on the couch with the same view of the neighbors house. I feed these babies every 3 hours and so the living room has become the place where I am most of the time. Sometimes I find time to shower, but It's no surprise to Luke anymore if he comes home and I'm still in my pajamas...on the couch. Oh and I follow a strict TV schedule that goes a little something like this...
7ish-9:00 The Today Show
9:00-10:00 Live with Kelly and Micheal (I really enjoy this hour because usually Amy is feeding with me and we get to hang out for a little bit)
10:00-11:00 Kathy Lee and Hoda
11:00-12:00 The Price is Right
12:00-1:00 The Chew
1:00-2:00 Studio 5
2:00-3:00 Queen Latifa show
3:00-4:00 Ellen
By this time I am sick of the TV until the 6:00 feeding where we watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

 I may not look happy in this photo, but I really am. I wouldn't trade the monotony of my life for anything else right now. This is my new normal. 

How could I not be happy...just look at her. 


 And him.
Some days, I get to have lunch with these two. 
What I would do without these two is beyond me. LOVE them. 
And this boy. 
People ask me all the time if he helps out a lot. My answer, He helps out a lot just because he is a good kid. I'm so glad that he is so easy going and understands (for the most part) that the babies need me a lot these days. He seems to be okay with that. 
(Cheese pizza with 4 packs of Parmesan cheese at Sam's Club)

When the days have been nice, we have been trying to go on walks. The babies seem to love it as long as we keep moving. Oliver does not (such a home body...or flat out lazy), so we have to make it fun by looking for worms, checking to see if the water wheel has been turned on and finding cool sticks along the way. I was so excited when one day, he was the one with the idea to go on a walk. 
It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for the soul.

Speaking of getting out. The whole family loaded up and we went up to Park City to do a little shopping. It was so nice and we scored some killer deals to boot.
 We even ate here. 
And I also went out twice with Lindsay. Both times, shopping in PC followed by lunch/dinner. 
(Banana Republic Dressing room)

Ahh it's good to get out and have some girl time. 

I am so happy that spring is officially here and that the days are getting longer and warmer. Can't wait to be outside every day. 

Love my life. Love my Family. Love my friends. 

0 comments: