Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring breakin in St. George

 
Spring break! Love it!
Amy and decided to pack up the kids and head down to St. George for the week with out the husbands.
The kids were so excited about this and on the way down, Oliver got to ride with the boys and the girls would alternate riding with me to help me out with the babies.
 
These boys were already MANning up the place with their King Kong club. They were nice to include Milo.
 
 
Every night was a bath night.

 This picture in particular cracks me up. It reminds me of the blind witches from Clash of the Titans.
 We headed to the river to play but the kids were a little disappointed when we pulled up here and it wasn't a real river. Briony wasn't much happier either, but Milo loved it.
 A very unhappy Bee.
 Milo loved splashing and crawling around.
 



 While Amy took her kids to a real river to play at, I took the babies home to nap and headed outside to enjoy the peace and quiet with a good book and some great sun.


We also went to awesome park. We found it to be even more awesome this time where we figured out how to catch so many frogs in the river there. At one point I think we had 9 frogs.
 These kids were in heaven.
 Milo even wanted to play with the frogs.

 Aiden was a frog maniac. He was catching them left and right and even caught this huge one. He had a hard time letting him go
 
The first day we were there, I stubbed my little toe so hard on the shopping cart at Walmart and I am pretty sure I broke it. I could hardly walk on it that day. The next day I tried running on it. There was no way a broken toe was going to keep me from training.
One of the best parts about being in St. George is hands down the nicer weather. Us girls laid out and enjoyed those sun rays. It was still a little cold here and there but overall so comfortable.
 We were playing that I was the queen (since I got the only lounge chair) and these girls were my ladies in waiting feeding me cheese-its and frosted flakes. We teased Amy that she was the queens lazy pet cat.
Those girls.

 
 
We saved (what we thought would be) the best meal for our last night. We were looking forward to eating here all week but when we got there, there was a part of about 20 ahead of us. Our party of 10 waited over an hour to get our food, didn't get refills on anything and we were spent. Its a goo thing we really like it there otherwise we would have complained and possibly not have gone back.
We headed home and made some brownies for the kids. After baths, they all went to bed and Amy and I kept eating these brownies. So good!

 Our last day, we kept tradition and went to In and Out for our lunch just before heading home.
I wasn't sure that I really wanted to go on this trip from the beginning. I knew it would be a lot of work with Briony ad Milo and I wasn't sure how much fun it would be in the end. I am so glad I went because it was so much fun. All the kids were so good, Briony and Milo were fairly easy and I had so much help from Amy and her kids. I claim these people like my own and I am so grateful that we have one another. Can't wait to do it again. 

0 comments: