Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On your marks...get set...GO!

After weeks of training, and weeks of fearing the unknown of running my first race, I can finally say I did it! This past weekend I headed out with Trent and Amy up to run in the Bear lake races. I really don't think I could have gone with anyone better then Amy (the amazing fight-through-the pain-and-still-manage-to-kick-A "quail" runner) And Trent (the Elite...nuff said).




Our times

Trent finished the marathon in 1st place with an outstanding time of 2:54:29...amazing, right?

Amy finished in 4th for the women's 10K (23rd overall) with an incredible time of 52:23 AND managed to do this with an injured knee AND foot...also amazing!

My stats aren't as impressive, but I finished 16th for the women's 10K (38th overall) with a time of 55:17.

Kissing my first metal...and it certainly won't be my last.

6 comments:

Kim & Campbell said...

Congrats! That is very impressive and it sounds like you had a pretty good time.

Brett And Tiffani said...

Wow! Congrats. That certainly impressive to me.

Amy said...

That race was awesome. You did great! I had a great time and I love having you as a running partner!

And I am still laughing at the quail runner.

Karina said...

congrats kimmy!!! thats awesome!

Eliza said...

Nice job!! The racing atmosphere is addictive and it's hard to resist the itch.

maeve said...

way to go!! you are awesome!