Sunday, August 8, 2010

B is for Bat

Last Sunday, we had an unexpected guest come stay at our house for the day. It was a Bat.

We were leaving for church that morning. Luke had left the sliding door open as he was loading Oliver up in the car and I was grabbing our church bags. As I was about to walk out the back door, Something out the of corner of my eye stopped me. I looked up and there he was. Mr. Bat. I mentioned to Luke that there was a bat, Closed the door and went out the front door instead. I'm not too squeamish when it comes to rodents (as I'm sure most of you who read this blog know) and so we just let him sleep in peace. We figured if he was still there by morning, then I'd do something about it.

Right before we went to bed that night, we checked on Mr. Bat. He was moving around and it looked as though it was waking up. By morning, he was gone, which I was happy about. I didn't really want to deal with getting rid of the rodents on my own...again.

Our house really attracts some of the most awkward creatures. Hopefully our next guests are more along the lines of furry little puppies.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Gross. I am usually not too afraid of rodents either, but bats gives me the heebie jeebies. i am glad it got out.

You could have pulled a Dwight too get rid of it.

Eliza said...

"You could have pulled a Dwight to get rid of it." ...I totally had that thought too!

Glad Mr. Bat left on his own!

Unknown said...

How Batty!! Get it! Batty.

Felicia H. said...

Crazy, a bat! You got some cool pictures of it.

Jake said...

Yikes. You are very calm about it! We had a bat experience in Milwaukee that I wasn't so calm about. I always think "RABIES!". It was fun to see you guys and cute Oliver. B