Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hi Pumpkin.

One of my favorite things that we get to grow in our garden are our pumpkins. This year we ended up with about 20. We shared some with cousins, took a couple to work to display and then saved the rest for our 3rd annual Baker Pumpkin Carving Party.

This year was our best year yet. They were the real deal and not some cross pollinated weird mutant pumpkins. Oliver loved them and quickly learned the word "puhkin".


We headed over the my parents house for dinner and then quickly moved on to the carving. (Luke was actually the first one to start...he's pretty hard core about it-remember this and this?)

Oliver wasn't too sure about touching the pumpkins insides...I don't blame him. It is pretty gross.

The group working on their creations.
And of course...
Our Baker Pumpkin Carving Party wouldn't be complete without a little chaos and someone getting the pumpkin belly. I think my dad was happy it was him this year.
But as you can tell, Oliver loved it.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't carved pumpkins forever. Someday I will tackle this. Maybe when my kids can handle a knife.