Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Favorite thing #8...Christmas Music.

I love Christmas music. I especially love all the memories tied to many of the songs that frequent the radio stations and the unique songs that have accidentally found me. Some songs are tied to important people that have been a huge influence on my life. Others that remind me of old friendships and past romances. A few more that remind me of my family and growing up.

One of my favorites is the one that reminds me of Luke. It's Jingle Bells by Frank Sinatra. When we were newer newly weds, Luke and I were waiting in line to be checked out at Costco(and you know how those lines at Costco go). Well, we were just kind of standing there looking around waiting and suddenly Luke breaks out in song-rather loudly I might add-singing this...

"I love those J-I-N-G-L-E BELLS! Those holiday J-I-N-G-L-E BELLS! I love those J-I-N-G-L-E-B-E double L-S I love those J-I-N-G-L-E BELLS!"

I also should note that as he was singing this, he made sure that the Bells part was extra loud. Sad, yet funny thing about this is that he didn't really realize how loud he was singing or maybe that he was even singing at all.

As it registered that my husband was the loud singer, I did the slow wide eyed turn of the head towards him and gave him the what-are-you-doing-and-why-are-you-singing look. That is the moment when he came to and we just laughed hoping that I was the only one that heard it even though we both knew that really wasn't the case.

I love it every time I hear that song because it reminds me of Luke and the way we are together....in many aspects of our relationship now that I think about it.
A few other songs and lyrics that I love are Oh Holy Night by Celtic Women. That one is amazing! A fun one is 12 days by Straight No Chaser (but that may be because the song "Africa" is one of my all time faves). And I don't know why I'm so struck by the lyrics to "The Little Drummer Boy".
What are some of your favorite holiday songs and why? I'd love to know.

1 comments:

Ani said...

That is funny! I don't know if its good or bad, but I can picture him doing this. =) Merry Christmas!