Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oliver 2.5

My two and half year old is well on his way to being 10. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I figured it was time for one of these update Posts on Oliver.


  • He is currently into watching: Despicable Me which he calls "Pee-pos me", Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or "Chance of Meatballs", Home Alone and Toy Story or "Choy-try".



  • He loves jumping off the couch, jumping on the bed, climbing up anything and wrestling. Such a boy. He loves wearing shoes...Any kinds and any ones shoes, especially boots.



  • He is currently learning how to be reverent during prayers. He struggles with sitting still.



  • He has been getting more cuddly which I love and gives us hugs and kisses regularly.



  • He is trying to go potty like a big kid. If we are in the bathroom while he is on the potty, he will tell us to get out. He will even yell "Wipe bum please" because he hears his cousins say it all the time. So far he hasn't gone yet.



  • He loves Chocolate Milk and asks for it through out the day. He has even sneaked a few of my protein drinks because they are chocolate.



  • He is very grumpy in the morning if he ever is woken up...He must get that from me.



  • He loves going to the bank of Fridays with his cousins and mom, because he knows he'll get a sucker. He always says "I want purple one".



  • He is loud. He talks loud, breathes loud and screams loud. I think it's from having such a big mouth. Love it!



  • He is messy. He eats like someone is going to steal his food from him. He shoves it all in his mouth really fast, but then he savors every bit of it.



  • He loves to play with his cousins and tries to copy their cartwheels and standing on his head. He's pretty good for having a body that doesn't quite allow him to do that as easily.



  • Ever since he really started to play in the snow, he can't seem to get enough of it. He always wants to be outside now.



  • He loves taking showers. Sometimes when I'm about to take one, I'll turn around and find that Oliver has taken most of his clothes off because he wants to shower too.



  • He says some of the funniest things. Yesterday when he was watching Home Alone, I heard him copy Buzz when he says "I wouldn't let you sleep with me, if you were growing on my ass!" Oliver of course said the last four words of that sentence.



  • He also called my brother an ass when he was watching him the other night. They video taped it to show me. I have no clue where he might learn such language ;)


We love that boy so much. I think that even though this age has been harder for me, it's been my favorite. Can't wait to see what other crazy things this boy does. And that's all for now.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That kid kills me. He is pretty funny. And I apologize for any bad things he learns from my kids....or me.

Becky said...

Can't believe he's getting so big. And the grumpy waking up thing could be from Luke. You should have seen him pre-mission. Frightening.

Stacey said...

He is NOT 2.5!! How did this happen. I was laughing out loud reading this. He is so cute. The bum wiping thing when he "hasn't gone yet." Was killing me.