Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let's go out to the movies....OR NOT!



Friday, December 28, 2007




Tonight Luke and I went out for a date. Something we hadn't done in a long time. I guess when all your money goes into your house, you don't have much left for spending on things like date night. We started out by going to one of our favorite pizza places. The Pie. The smell of wet shoes and wet floors wasn't very appetizing, but the food made up for it. After finishing our meal, we headed for the Gateway to see I am Legend. Here's my question. Why is it that every time you go to the theatre to see that highly anticipated movie, you always end up unsatisfied afterwards? I'll tell you why and I don't mean to sound so malcontent when I say this, but I must. Every time Luke and I go to see a movie which isn't very often, like I already mentioned, we always sit next to the worst people in there. It's like they know we're coming. This time was no exception. We got there about 20 minutes early, found our seats and were excited to see this film until... The loud crunching of popcorn never EVER stopped from the man right next to me. The people to the left of Luke talked, but I couldn't really hear it because the man to my right was speaking every thought that popped into his mind in between his chomping, I sware! A man about 5 seats down from us must have thought that popcorn chompers idea of talking throughout the movie was genius because he started to do it too. I couldn't believe it. I was more aware of my surroundings then the movie, so much that I still remember most of that mans comments. Shouldn't I have been remembering the dialog of the film? Oh well. Even though the experience itself could have been better, I still enjoyed having that date night with Luke and fortunately the movie was a good one. Next time I'm tempted to go out to see a movie, I'll remember this experience and think twice. It's usually much nicer watching a movie from the comfort of your own home (or Trent and Amy's).

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, thats too bad. You needed Cade there to yell at everyone to be quiet. It has worked twice when I have been at the movies with Cade. But you are always welcome to watch movies at our house!!

Paul said...

Yeah, we don't go to movies very often either. We went to the theater for the first time since Peter was born last week. If you need other peoples blogs like John's check out Eliza's, she has a lot of links:
http://mrschallis.blogspot.com