Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fly me to the moon, let me play among those stars...

...Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars!


My friend Brittany has started a fun weekly activity called Field trip Fridays. This week we got to join her and we went to the Clarke Planetarium. We had a fun little group and I'm pretty sure the kids had a good time as well.


Playing on Mars.

Mars is the 4th planet from the sun. The planet is named after the Roman God of war. Mars has 2 moons. Mars is the 7th largest planet in our Solar System. Mars is about 4.6 billion years old.


We've landed on the Moon!

The moon is the earths natural satellite. Its approximate age is about 4.5 billion years old. The same side of the moon always faces the earth. The moon has no magnetic field and therefor you wouldn't be able to use a compass. The volume of the moon is the same as the Earths ocean. And the moon is not made of cheese.


As you can see, even the little ones had a great time.

Our attempt at a group picture.
Thanks so much to Brittany for organizing this. It was a lot of fun to get out with a fun group and do a little exploring. I already can't wait until next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I have never been there, but always wanted to go. Next time I am in SLC I will have to check it out! Great pictures. Oliver is so dang cute!!

So don't you LOVE Modern Family!! Love love it. It is hilarious. Cougar Town is great too. Gotta love a little television.

Amy said...

Looks so much fun. I need to get my kids out. Maybe I will go there!

Kathryn S. said...

That is a really good idea--fun for both mothers and kiddies!

Felicia H. said...

That looks like so much fun!

Brett And Tiffani said...

Looks like they added a lot more stuff since I've been there last.

Fun, fun!