Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FOUND...FINALLY!

Since Oliver is walking around, I thought it was time to buckle down and really do some searching for shoes that were going to fit on this boys thick feet. I was hopeful as I pulled up to the mall....however, 2 hours and 5 stores later, I wasn't very hopeful at all. It wasn't like I was being picky or anything like that. If the shoes were going to be hidioderously ugly, but fit, I would have bought them on the spot. THE BOY NEEDS SHOES! But, there really weren't any shoes that I could get his poor little hobbit feet in. I was headed to the last store and if I didn't find any there that worked, I was done and I was going to make him shoes...really I was. Low and behold, to my surprise we found a pair that easy slipped onto my darling little Cinderella..err..Cinderellos feet! He did good stomping around in them trying to get use to the confining and confusing blocks. All in all, I'd say yesterday was a pretty good and successful day!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

They are so cute. I love his whole outfit. Good work!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

So where did you find those cute shoes? I have a feeling I'm going to have the same problem in a few months!

Our Little Family said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! It freakin flies! Those shoes aren't bad at all! :) I finally bought Griff some when he was 9 months to keep his feet warm while we were camping... size 5. His feet were too fat to fit in any smaller. Of course they still fit him, but I think I got to his fat feet before they could get any fatter... lol. I know how it is! :)

Mandolyn said...

I'm so glad your search was sucessful! Oliver is a lucky boy to have such a dedicated mom! I love that you considered making him shoes :)!!!

Eliza said...

Hooray!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I love his shoes!

The Baker Family said...

Yeah!! He walks AND he wears shoes now!!! Shoes were always my favorite thing to put on my small babies, I had a pair for every occasion in every color! That's too bad that nothing has/does fit him. Im glad you found something! I guess you could've doubled up on the socks for more protection, if it came to that...

Jiffy said...

Oh my Gosh Kimmmy, we so so so have the same problem with Sky. Her feet are so so fat even still being 2 1/2 . It has gotten a little easier to find things i think probably easier for girls cause we get her a lot of open strappy things,so her foot fat can hang over the edges...haha. but if you go to payless they have some wide shoes for toddlers. dont love payless but every once and awhile i have to get her shoes from there. Sorry... I know fat feet are hard to buy for!!!

Karina said...

haha, im glad Im not the only one with this problem!!! i think we need to open up a fat feet shoe store for children!!! where did you finally find some??? gosh we need to hang out... I didnt even know oliver was walking!!